Meet Our Chapter
Since December 21, 2009, Hearts With A Mission has provided sheltering and care to over 578 kids and counting – offering safety, hope and compassion.
But what if we could do more?
- we could stop child abuse before it starts?
- it wasn’t a shameful experience for at-risk families to ask for help?
- single moms were connected to support instead of socially isolated?
- local government, non-profits, and churches worked together to help families in crisis?
- a family’s safety net was their neighbors instead of the government?
- you didn’t have to ‘qualify’ to be cared for?
- children and teens could be protected during times of crisis without being permanently separated from their parents?
We can, with the Safe Families for Children Initiative in Southern Oregon.
Safe Families for Children is the answer.
- 94% of children hosted in a Safe Family return home and will never be the subject of an abuse or neglect allegation.
- Isolation is the most significant contributing factor to child abuse. Through Safe Families for Children, parents step out of isolation and into relationships, reducing the risk of child abuse.
- Safe Families for Children keeps families together, and research shows that children who grow up in biological families are more likely to:
- earn a high school diploma and college degree
- be employed and have health insurance
- decrease welfare dependency
- avoid incarceration
Becoming a Safe Families for Children Volunteer is easy and rewarding. As a Host Family, caring for a child in…
The Hearts With A Mission Youth Shelter is located at 521 Edwards Street in West Medford. All services provided are…